The Mallorca Convention Bureau (MCB) is a non-profit association that aims to promote Mallorca as a time-honoured destination for conferences, conventions, incentive trips, meetings and events in general. A promotional task that boasts the support of the local community and the public sector.
The MCB was founded in 1979 as a private initiative of several companies. Well aware of the importance of the tourism sector on the island, these companies also knew that their joint efforts would inevitably lead to more conferences and conventions.
Throughout its 40 years of history, the MCB has steadily and significantly grown. With a current membership of 115 different companies from all around the island, the growth of the association owes itself to the sector’s ongoing specialisation.
Along these lines, the MCB’s members range from 4- and 5-star hotels and convention centres to DMCs and PCOs, as well as service sector companies. A wide range of specialists capable of satisfying the needs of an ever more demanding sector.
Hence, it comes to no surprise that thanks to the MCB’s work, the island of Mallorca has become one of Europe’s foremost destinations for incentive trips and conventions. Yet in addition to that work, we cannot overlook all of the island’s virtues in terms of its climate, geographic location and infrastructures.
• Complimentary consultation services for conference organisers and incentive agencies in an initial introduction to the destination. Our vast experience translates to 200 annual requests for information by event organisers:
• The MCB provides all the information necessary on the association, as well as on Mallorca and its infrastructures.
• The MCB coordinates site inspection tours of the destination.
• Presentation of candidates. A job well done, thanks to the collaboration of both local professionals and other organisers from Spain and abroad.
• An annual Marketing Plan with the details of all the promotional campaigns to be carried out throughout the year, as well as their objectives.
• Participation in the most important international trade fairs, as well as meetings and incentive trips.
• Organisation of presentations /workshops in the markets of interest. Carried out in collaboration with MCB members, these activities target professional convention organisers and incentive agencies, as well as the specialised media.
• Organisation of fam trips to present the advantages and qualities of the island of Mallorca, on site.
• Preparation of specialised promotional material for distribution at specialised fairs, workshops in Spain and abroad and on fam trips in which the MCB either works and/or participates. This promotional material contains:
• Information on the island’s venues and services for conferences, events and incentives
• The technical features of each member of the MCB
• Publication and distribution of the digital “MCB Newsletter” with news and updates on MCB members and the island of Mallorca as a destination. These newsletters are now sent out to more than 9,000 contacts.
• Occasional collaborations with the different Spanish tourism offices abroad, for the coordination of promotional campaigns.
As Numbered Members of the Association, the Mallorca Convention Bureau welcomes any companies which business activity fits into the speciality of this sector. This therefore includes hotels, DMCs, convention centres, audiovisual companies, catering companies and other suppliers.
In order to become a member, companies must comply with the following requirements:
a) Be duly incorporated and authorised to operate as companies;
b) Accept the Bylaws of the Mallorca Convention Bureau;
c) Be located within the region of the Association (on the island of Mallorca);
d) Comply with the entry regulations set forth by the General Assembly.